Island Hibiscus Watercolor Class
Do it live or by recorded video. The "Live" online class will meet on Tuesday, February 8, 2022 at 5pm EST (2pm PST, 12noon HST) using Zoom. If you can't make the live class, it will be recorded and posted on Youtube with a private link (only those that have the link can see the video) so you can re-watch the video as many times as you want.
***Please provide me with your email address and phone number in the "comments" section when you purchase this class. Please read through all of the directions.
Attached is a PDF with your login info and info about supplies. Please download the latest Zoom App for your computer or ipad if you haven't already. You will be able to log into Zoom 15 minutes before the class to check your video and microphone connections using the meeting id and password I provide you.
Because you need to see detail while I am painting, you will need to use a laptop or ipad. My demo won't be large enough using just your phone.
You can paint along with me or you can just join in and watch. I will record the class and post it on Youtube with a private link (only those that have the link can see the video) so you can re-watch the video as many times as you want.
About my Watercolor Class:
Join me as we explore the wonderful world of watercolors! You will learn about using professional watercolor supplies, how to do a quick sketch or transfer an image to your watercolor paper, how to do a wash, layering, color mixing, correcting mistakes, detail work, texturing, and more to bring your painting to life. I will be there to answer your questions about this fabulous and versatile medium. Plus, we will have some time in class to "talk story" about Kauai and living in Hawaii.
Here are the steps you need to take this class:
1 - After purchasing the class, download the reference photo provided in your order. Print it out on a standard 8.5"x11" piece of computer paper using your printer's high quality setting. If you have trouble with this, please contact me at least 24 hours before the class, and I can try to walk you through it.
2 - If you're going to be painting along with me, please have your art supplies ready.
Here is a "suggested" list. Please try to get as close to this list as possible for best results.
(Or just use whatever watercolor supplies you already have. Let me now if you have any questions.)
*Arches 9"x12" Cold Pressed Watercolor Block
*Professional Quality Watercolor Paints (I use Winsor and Newton)
red, yellow, green, blue, purple, black (at least, more is better)
(see the actual list of paints I use below)
*Painter's Palette (a place to mix your paints)
*Watercolor Brushes - a liner, #8 round (or similar), 1/2" flat
*Drawing Pencil (#2) - Fine art quality is the best
*Pen (nothing fancy, just your average household writing pen)
*Woodless graphite (if you don't have this, you can use your drawing pencil)
*Blue Painter's Tape (the kind you get at the hardware store)
*A water container for your brushes
*Paper towel and Kleenex
*Spray bottle with water (not necessary, but nice to have)
*Hair dryer (for speedy drying of your painting between layers)
*Natural Sponge (for creating texture)
*A Sakura Pigma Micron Pen in black size 03 or 05 (for "Pen and Ink" Watercolor Classes only)
3 - Make sure you receive your login info (attached to this order as a PDF) and log into Zoom 15 minutes before the start of class and check your video and microphone.
4 - Make sure you have your supplies set up and are ready to paint at the designated time.
Other helpful info:
If you don't have an Arches Watercolor Block, then please pre-stretch whatever watercolor paper you have to a board so that it is dry and ready to paint. If you don't know how to do this, there are directions included in the PDF attached to this order.
These are the exact colors of paint I use for my classes:
Winsor Red - Winsor and Newton
Quinacridone Magenta - Winsor and Newton
Gamboge Hue - Cotman Winsor and Newton
Cadmium Orange Hue - Cotman Winsor and Newton
Winsor Green (blue shade) - Winsor and Newton
Winsor Blue (green shade) - Winsor and Newton
Sap Green - Cotman Winsor and Newton
Dioxazine Violet - Cotman Winsor and Newton
Burnt Sienna - Cotman Winsor and Newton
Sepia - Cotman Winsor and Newton
Raw Sienna - Cotman Winsor and Newton
I am excited to be your "virtual" art teacher!!!
Aloha and Mahalo,
Your payment information is secure. Sellers don't receive your credit card information.
- American Express
- Etsy Gift Card
Your files will be available to download once payment is confirmed.
Just contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Conditions of return
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Conditions of exchange
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value. Plus, the buyer is responsible for the shipping costs to reship the exchanged item.
I take great care to properly package and protect your artwork. However, if you receive the item damaged, please contact me immediately. I will make every effort to refund your money or provide a satisfactory replacement, if possible. However, I do require photos of the item as proof of damage. For all original art pieces, I insure it with the post office (U.S. Domestic) for the full value of the artwork, so please save the package and all packing material so we can file a claim.
Custom orders and wholesale orders are always welcome.
Please note that colors may vary from monitor to monitor.
Information I collect:
To fulfill your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you
authorized Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, and postal
address. I do NOT have access to your financial information in any way as Etsy Payments or PayPal processes your order depending on the method you choose.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It:
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information,
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfill
your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with
a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by
tax law; and
• as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate
Information Sharing and Disclosure:
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service Providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies, i.e. The United States Postal Service. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
• I do NOT send promotional emails using the email address which you have provided when registering for Etsy.com. All conversations will be handled through the Etsy internal "convo" system.
• I will NEVER contact you for market research purposes, spam you, or solicit you in any way using the information provided to me.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU:
I do not store store or process your information through third-party hosting services in the US or other jurisdictions, period.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to my processing of some of your information. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me:
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Marionette Taboniar, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com.