This painting is the story of a mermaid and seahorse that rescue a sea turtle near Kauai, Hawaii. (See my short story below.)
"Honu Rescue" is an original acrylic painting measuring 16"x20" and painted in a "gallery wrap" style which means the edges are painted and there are no staples - Ready to Hang! The painting is shipped unframed. Colors may vary slightly from monitor to monitor.
Photo #2 shows how it looks from the side.
It also comes with a signed "Certificate of Authenticity." I use only the finest quality art supplies in my acrylic paintings - Liquitex paints and triple primed canvas. Also, my art has been certified and accepted by the County of Kauai into their "Kauai Made" program which represents those products made on Kauai, by Kauai people.
The item will ship via USPS anywhere in the world and includes shipping insurance if available. The painting is shipped unframed.
The story: Honu Rescue by Marionette Taboniar copyright ©2022
The Hawaiian mermaid, Kailani, was basking in the warm rays of sunshine just off Kauai's Lawai Kai Beach as she and Lio Kai, her seahorse friend, searched for the rare Kauai sunrise shells she collected to make necklaces and earrings. They are called sunrise shells because their color goes from pink to orange to yellow across the shell just like a brilliant sunrise.
“There's one,” she exclaimed, as she dove down to retrieve it. “Just a few more, and I'll have enough to make a beautiful set for my human half sister who lives in Koloa.”
Suddenly, she heard a distressing high pitched whining sound coming from the nearby reef. She put her tail fins in high gear and swam past a large lava rock to find Tutu Honu, a large elderly sea turtle, tangled in a nylon fishing net unable to move her fins. Tutu Honu has laid countless eggs on Lawai Kai Beach contributing to the increase in the turtle population over recent years. You won't find a more beautiful or graceful turtle.
Kailani and Lio Kai sprang into action untying the knots of the fishing net. With a sharp piece of coral, Kailani was able to cut the rest away and free Tutu Honu just in time for her to resurface and catch a breath of fresh air.
To show her gratitude, Tutu Honu motioned for Kailani and Lio Kai to take a ride on her large carapace. Once they were all tuckered out from the day's excitement, they landed at Lawai Kai Beach to watch the sunset. Being on the property of Allerton Garden, it is usually tourist free since people can only access it by kayak or by trespassing through the gardens.
Today happened to be the day that Kailani was to meet up with her half sister, who used a secret hiking trail to get to the beach. She brought a picnic basket full of Kailani's favorite local foods – spam musubi, poi, and fresh island fruits. Her sister was thrilled to finally meet Tutu Honu and Lio Kai, and the four of them enjoyed the spectacular colorful sunset as they discussed ways to clean up the ocean and to protect precious sea life.
The sisters hugged and kissed Hawaiian style and wished each other aloha as the sun dipped beneath the horizon.
“Until we meet again, Sistah,” cried Kailani, as she splashed her tail goodbye and dove down to her sea cave while dreaming of her next adventure.
I hope you have enjoyed the painting and the story. Have a warm and beautiful day. Once again, Aloha from the Garden Island of Kauai!
Just contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Information I collect:
To fulfill your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you
authorized Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, and postal
address. I do NOT have access to your financial information in any way as Etsy Payments or PayPal processes your order depending on the method you choose.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It:
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information,
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfill
your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with
a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by
tax law; and
• as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate
Information Sharing and Disclosure:
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service Providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies, i.e. The United States Postal Service. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
• I do NOT send promotional emails using the email address which you have provided when registering for Etsy.com. All conversations will be handled through the Etsy internal "convo" system.
• I will NEVER contact you for market research purposes, spam you, or solicit you in any way using the information provided to me.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU:
I do not store store or process your information through third-party hosting services in the US or other jurisdictions, period.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to my processing of some of your information. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me:
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Marionette Taboniar, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.